Welcome to the Developer Portal
We’ve built Afero to be accessible to a broad range of developers, from novice to expert. Our development boards allow you to experiment within minutes of unpacking!
- Read an overview of the Afero Platform.
- Understand our core development concepts.
- Read and refer to our Glossary for a clear understanding of concepts and instructions.
- Install the Afero mobile app on your smartphone.
- Download and install the Afero Profile Editor.
- Read our Firmware and Hardware docs to get your device ready for programming.
- Define and program your device with Afero Profile Editor, following the Profile Editor User Guide.
- Use the Afero Inspector web app to look inside your device definitions.
- If you have an MCU on your developer device, refer to the afLib docs to use the library in your MCU application.
- For MCU firmware updates, use the Afero OTA Manager web app to update the MCU firmware.
- Create a standalone developer hub using the Developer Hub setup instructions.
- Access cloud functions using our Cloud API.
- Monitor and evaluate your device deployments and usage with the Afero Console.